Hey all! I celebrated my 33rd birthday yesterday! I ran 11 miles, took my time getting ready and even curled my hair, went for a walk, Craig made dinner for us at home, and I even treated myself to a 1.5 hour (much needed) nap.
I already spent some of my birthday money at Lululemon on Wednesday. I was ‘just going to look,’ but I ended up getting sucked in. I bought this tank and this sports bra and of course absolutely love both of them already. Come on summer weather!
With each passing birthday, I enjoy the simple things in life more and more: being at home with my family, going for walks, talking with close friends, and playing with Cullen. I have listed 33 things that I am doing to try and better my life and those I interact with on a daily basis. These are things that will leave a lasting impression more than anything else.
- Give others the benefit of the doubt.
- Say ‘I love you’ more.
- Be a little more spontaneous.
- Read instead of be on the computer or my phone before going to bed.
- Not feel guilty about taking naps when they are legitimately needed.
- Smile more.
- Stop living in the past or the future.
- Spend more time with God.
- Making more food from scratch.
- Giving my time to those I care about.
- Remember that running brings sense to life decisions.
- Putting my family’s priorities before my own.
- Call friends and family more often.
- Enjoy the simple things in life: the sunrise/sunset, Cullen’s laugh, a good run, etc.
- Try to embrace the stressful times because those are the times we grow.
- Declutter and live with less.
- If I say my sorry, try to not let it happen again.
- Make sure to enjoy every stage of Cullen’s life.
- Try to accept life isn’t fair.
- Go on more dates with my husband.
- Read more books.
- Opt for the hillier route on a run.
- Know that I can’t have it all.
- Remember to always say thank you.
- Covet other’s things less.
- Drink more water.
- Trust my gut more.
- Remembering that money will always come and go.
- Listen more, talk less.
- Volunteer more.
- Remember that nothing changes if nothing changes.
- Embrace the now.
- Enjoy life and live it.
I wrote a guest post for Teri at A Foodie Stays Fit on 5 Essentials Every Beginning Runner Needs. Go check it out and find out ways to stay motivated, how much you should expect to spend on a new pair of shoes, and the hardest part of running.