The weekend is here! I am working at the store all weekend, so it is going to be busy but fun! Here are some highlights from my week.
1. My new favorite breakfast: sauteed kale and onions with two over-easy eggs on top. Yum! Nothing like going out to our garden every morning and picking the fresh kale.
2. Craig and I (along with two other friends) ran the Kenai River Marathon Relay last Sunday. Our team was 3rd, and this was Craig’s first run in. . . oh, maybe a couple of months! He did great though and ran the whole way without stopping.
I ran the 3rd leg and needed to tack on some additional mileage, so I ran the 4th leg as well with my teammate. It was a cold, wet day but we still had a lot of fun.
One of my athletes, Whitney, ran the full marathon. She was 2nd place for the women with a time of 3:45.
3. Umm. . . .we got snow on September 30! Sadly this is not the earliest it has snowed. There were a couple inches on the ground but thankfully most was gone by the end of the day.
4. Cullen absolutely loves Sadie. (I don’t think the feeling is quite reciprocated.) He loves watching her eat her food every morning and night.
5. I signed up for my next race today–the Zombie Half-Marathon, which is next Saturday. It is usually pretty chilly, but I am excited to run another race!