Wow! That was quite the ordeal, but the blog is back up and running now.
Saturday night I signed up to self-host through Bluehost. I knew it was going to be bit of an undertaking for me to figure out how to get my domain transferred over and all of my blog content, but I did not expect it would be that difficult. I literally spent all of Sunday afternoon, Monday afternoon and evening, and Tuesday morning and evening trying to teach myself how to get all of the content switched over. I watched tutorials, read forums, scoured posts, called for support, e-mailed asking for help, yet everything I read went right over my head. I am not a techy computer person, so I was trying to teach myself the jargon and learn how to do everything from scratch. I could have paid a tech person $100 to do it for me, but I’m cheap and didn’t want to fork over that kind of money.
In my final attempt to get the information switched over before I resorted to paying someone, I called up a good friend, Anthony, who mentioned he had some experience with this type of stuff. (I don’t know why I didn’t contact him in the first place. I guess I was stubborn and kept thinking I could figure it out myself.) Anthony worked his magic (and stayed up far too late) and lo and behold this morning all of my content was back up on the site!
So I wanted to let you all know that I did not give up the blog and am now excited to be self-hosted (something I have only been thinking about for the past couple of years), which means I can do a lot more with the design and will be trying to promote my blog more. (The current design is temporary and will be worked on in the next few days.)
Stay tuned. I have a lot to catch you guys up on!