I love summer! I always have and always will. I also like spring and fall, but summer is by far my favorite. Winter, you can go away! (Okay, I’ll take you for a week around Christmas, but that’s it!)
We have been having an unseasonably warm summer this year. I have experienced more days above 70*F this summer than all of my other 5 summer combined! It has been getting into the upper 70s and sometimes low 80s this week, and I am loving it! And while all you Alaskans may think it is hot; I do not! I would take another 10 degrees!
10 Reasons I Love Summer: (so a lot of them have to do with running)
1. Dripping with sweat after a run. I love a hot, humid run and dripping in sweat by the end. Unfortunately it doesn’t get humid in Alaska, but I’ll take what I can at this point.
2. Wearing ONE layer of clothes when running. (Do you know how much faster it is to get ready when you only have to put on one layer of clothing in the morning!)
3. Skirts, dresses, sandals, heels, shorts, tank tops. . .I love them all!
4. Going barefoot in the house—and not having to wear socks to bed!
5. Walking out the front door without a jacket on. (Obviously I love wearing a minimal amount of clothing. Ha!)
6. Green everywhere with beautiful flowers blooming.
7. Windows open and fresh air pouring into our apartment.
8. Eating fresh fruit (that actually tastes good!) all the time.
9. Extra daylight. Although it is still strange for it to be light at 3:30 a.m. (Yes, I really took this photo at 3:30 a.m. Look at my dedication to my blog. Ha!)
10. Hiking, camping, biking, and being outdoors as much as possible.
I could go on and on, but I will stop there.