We officially have snow on the ground!
Not a lot, but actually there was more on the ground this morning. However, since the temperature got up to 40 degrees today, quite a bit of it melted.
As much as I despise running in the winter, I hate the dreadmill (a.k.a. treadmill) even more, so outside I went at 5 a.m. this morning for a 4 mile run.
Thoughts about my run:
– I forgot how light it actually is in the morning. Even though it is pitch dark, all of the light reflects off the snow and literally lights up the neighborhoods. So it doesn’t appear all that dark!
– It was SO quiet on my run! There was hardly anyone out, considering it was 5 a.m., but I forgot how much the snow muffles the sound of traffic as well. It was very peaceful!
– At the beginning of my run, I felt like I was in a snow globe!
– I hate when the snow balls/chunks (it was more chunky than flaky this morning 😉 ) pelt me in my eyeballs!
– I was glad the snow wasn’t too deep though!
– I was also glad the snow wasn’t sticky and didn’t build up on the bottom of my shoes.
– It definitely felt longer than 4 miles though.
– I don’t like how much slower I run in the winter. There are several reasons for this: lack of traction, it’s colder, and many times I am trudging through the snow.
But with all that said, as always, I am thankful I can run and never regret going for a run! 😀
Oh, baby, there are delish! I loved the mocha, almond, and chocolate combination. It tasted like some sort of dessert!
Craig was kind enough to make dinner tonight. 🙂
He cooked some brats that we had in the freezer and topped them with a variety of toppings.
Both Craig and I took the day off from work tomorrow! Stay tuned to see why?!?!
Do you continue to workout outside in the winter, or do you take cover indoors?