How cute! On my run this evening, I saw two moose out on a date! They were strolling down the sidewalk, hoof-in-hoof, and snatching a little dinner from the bushes. It was adorable!
I ran 4 miles after work today. Nothing special, just some nice, easy, get-lost-in-my-thoughts miles. 🙂
Fuel for my run was a Vanilla Almond Luna bar. I’ve had decent Luna bar flavors, but this one was probably the best I’ve ever had! Maybe it is because I love almonds and vanilla-flavored things. 😉
Thankfully Craig was cooking tonight, so I dinner was already prepared by the time I got back! 🙂
Now, they may not look pretty, but don’t let that fool you about the taste because they were quite scrumptious!
Here’s what the inside looks like.
Spanish Rice Stuffed Peppers
4 baby portobello mushrooms
4 red bell peppers
1 Roma tomato
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
2 cups rice
1/2 cup salsa
juice from 1/2 lime
1. Cook rice.
2. In a food processor, process jalapeno, onion, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice together.
3. In a large bowl, combine cheeses, rice, and salsa. Add ingredients from food processor and mix until combined.
4. Add cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Cut off tops of peppers, remove seeds, and stuff with rice mixture. Top with a mushroom.
6. Place in baking dish, cover with foil, and bake at 375* for 45-60 minutes or until warmed through.
Just got done watching some Glee, and now it is time to tackle the dishes!