I don’t think I’ll ever have to buy granola from the store again. This recipe rocked my socks off!! (And I even messed up a little. Oops!)
I’ve made homemade granola before and haven’t really been that impressed, but this recipe was awesome. I’m sure I’ve had about a cup over the course of the day already!
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine oats, almonds, pecans, coconut, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk maple syrup and canola oil in separate bowl, then add to dry ingredients.
4. Spread on large rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes.
6. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Cool.
As you can see, I added the cranberries and raisins before baking, so they ended up baking in the oven for about 30 minutes which resulted in some extra chewy and crunchy bites. I oddly like it and might have to “accidentally” do that again! 😉
Time to go bake and cook some more!