Only one week until my marathon!! I can’t believe how close it is, and this next week is going to go by very fast–getting ready to leave, packing, flying out Tuesday night, arriving in Minnesota on Wednesday, and then leaving for the marathon Friday morning. I am very excited!!
This morning was a “short” long run–7 miles. I was planning on doing 8, but after 6.5, the inside of my right knee started to bother me. It has been bothering me on and off for the past couple weeks, so I am taking all precautions to not make it worse. (By the way, do you realize how hard it was for me not to do that last mile?!?!?!)
Now backing up to last night. Craig and I had a very relaxing and enjoyable evening!!
We started by making some homemade pizza. These pictures were actually from Valentine’s Day since I forgot to take some pictures last night. We made the exact same recipe, so these pictures would have looked nearly identical to last night’s.
KG’s Homemade Pizza Dough
– 2.5 cups flour (I usually use all-purpose, but I did add some whole wheat last night.)
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon quick-rising yeast
– 1 cup water
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Combine the first three ingredients in a bowl.
2. Heat water to 120-130 degrees. Pour into mixer with a dough hook and add olive oil. Turn mixer on, and slowly add dry ingredients; the dry ingredients should not be added no quicker than over the course of 1 minute.
3. Add more flour (I must have added at least another 1/2 cup.)
4. Put dough into storage bag and place in fridge for at least 24 hours.
When ready to bake:
– Place pizza stone in oven. Preheat oven to 500 degrees for at least 1/2 hour.
– Take dough out cold and shape into pizza. Place on parchment paper
– Add pizza toppings.
Last night we used:
– dried basil
– dried oregano
– fresh spinach
– sun dried tomatoes
– fresh basil
– fresh mozzarella
– shredded mozzarella
– garlic powder
This pizza was divine!! I love all of the fresh ingredients. Plus it feels healthier when you make it yourself at home!! And this is one of the best crust recipes I’ve had–it was so thick and chewy but still crunchy on the bottom!!
After eating, we took a 30 minute walk around our neighborhood. We love taking walks!! 🙂
Then it was time to watch the movie I rented for the night.
This was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time!! It was hilarious! There are not many movies that can make me laugh out loud that much, but this one succeeded in doing that!! We would highly recommend watching this one soon!!