A Day in the Life – 7 Months Old

May 26, 2015

It is time for another ‘a day in the life’ post!

Cullen turned 7 months old on Sunday. I waited until today (Tuesday) to recap our day since Sunday and Monday weren’t a typical day for us.


Like I’ve said before, I like doing a post like this to recap what our days are life for each month of life with a baby. We’ve come a long ways since those first few months, and I am loving that he is getting more independent (to a certain extent) and developing his personality.

Monday, May 25

9:30 p.m. Cullen finally goes down for the night. (He usually goes down around 7 p.m. Looks like I said the same thing at 6 months.)

10:30 p.m. Craig arrives home from his weekend in Seattle so we chat for a while before we both fall asleep at 11:00 p.m. from being so tired.

Tuesday, May 26

2:15 a.m. I hear Cullen stirring. He isn’t fussing, so I let him be.

2:35 a.m. Now he starts fussing, and I’m pretty sure it’s because he is hungry, so I go feed him.

2:45 a.m. Back to bed for me.

7:15 a.m. I wake up and within a few minutes hear Cullen fussing. I feed him, change his diaper, and change his clothes.

7:40 a.m. I get myself some breakfast, change into running clothes, go to the bathroom (very important!), and tidy up the bedroom


8:20 a.m. Brittany arrives for our running date.


8:30 a.m. We run 7 miles together chatting nonstop the entire time. I push Cullen in the jogging stroller, which we just got last week! He loves it and falls asleep about half-way through.


9:30 a.m. Return home and change Cullen’s diaper.

9:40 a.m. Take 7 month pictures. All but two were blurry. (I might have to do retakes tomorrow.)

9:50 a.m. Prep breakfast number two for me and some food for Cullen. I carry Cullen in the Ergo because apparently he needs some mom-time.

10:15 a.m. Eat! I probably have a breakfast burrito at least five times a week. I love them. And my beverage assortment: iced decaf coffee (because I love it!), Craig’s left-over green juice from his breakfast (because it’s good for me), water (need to hydrate), and hot tea (because, as usual, I’m freezing). Cullen had pureed pears.


10:30 a.m. I put Cullen in the exersaucer while I clean up the kitchen. I also eat an English muffin because I am still hungry.

10:40 a.m. Cullen is fussy so I take him upstairs to see if he has a dirty diaper (nope) and then see if he is still hungry (yep)!

10:50 a.m. I change his clothes again since he drooled all over them, watch the mobile, and then read some books.

11:15 a.m. Dad arrives home so we chat with him and hang out with him.

11:30 a.m. Cullen is fussy again, and I realize he has been up for 2 hours, so I put him down for a nap. It take me about 10 minutes but that is a whole lot better than what it used to be.

11:40 a.m. I finish cleaning up the kitchen, foam roll, and then hop in the shower.

12:20 p.m. Cullen wakes up. I get our things together to go to the gym.

12:40 p.m. We leave to go to lift weights at the gym. On our way there, we stop at the library to return a book I checked out. I would definitely recommend this book for sleep training. I didn’t read the entire thing, but I skimmed the parts that were pertinent to me, and I came away with a lot of helpful advice.


1:10 p.m. We arrive at the gym. I lift weights while Cullen plays and does tummy time. I take a lot of breaks to play with him.


2:15 p.m. Time to head home.

2:30 p.m. Cullen goes down for a nap. Thankfully he is out within a few minutes.

2:45 p.m. I make myself a snack and enjoy some quiet time reading blogs and Facebook updates. Of course I spend more time doing this than I had anticipated.

I end up having a lot of snacks. I think my long run on Sunday and double run on Monday caught up with me. I end up eating: an apple, yogurt, Sun Chips, almonds, a few dates, and crackers with cheese.


3:45 p.m. Time to start working on dinner.

4:05 p.m. I hear Cullen wake up crying. (This is very common and has been going on since he was 3 months old.) I go comfort him and hold him until he feels better.

4:15 p.m. Back to prepping dinner while Cullen plays in the exersaucer.


4:35 p.m. Dinner is done and in the oven. I start cleaning up the kitchen.

4:50 p.m. Craig arrives home. We chit chat and Cullen plays with Dad.


5:15 p.m. We take Sadie to the dog park because she thinks she is the most deprived dog in the universe.

6:15 p.m. Return home, and I have dinner with Cullen while Craig mows the lawn. Craig joins us when he is done. Dinner was super easy and a recipe I’d definitely make again: Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers.


6:50 p.m. Time to get Cullen ready for bed. I bathe him, Craig changes him into his pajamas, I read him a book, and then nurse him.

7:15 p.m. I lay Cullen in his crib–he is still awake but not crying or fussing. Within a few minutes he starts fussing though. I give it 15 minutes before going back in his room.

7:30 p.m. I go back in his room and rub his back to see if I can get him to fall asleep. I spend a few minutes rubbing his back and then leave. He isn’t sleeping, but I am hoping he’ll fall asleep shortly.

7:45 p.m. He is started fussing again, and it is starting to turn into a harder cry now, so I go nurse him until he is drowsy. I lay him in his crib and see his eyes close peacefully. (We’ve made big improvements in his sleep. I don’t have a specific method I am sticking too, instead it is called the Michelle + Cullen method. Each nights a little different, but we are working towards: 1.) Cullen being able to fall asleep on his own, so that when he wakes up in the middle of the night, he doesn’t need me to put himself back to sleep and 2.) Making it possible for other people (dad, grandma, any other person who is watching him) can lay him down in his crib and he can fall asleep on his own.)

7:50 p.m. I finally finish cleaning up the kitchen, tidy up the house, and iron a shirt.

8:20 p.m. I start working on this blog post and responding to e-mails.

8:45 p.m. Time to get myself ready for bed.

9:00 p.m. I foam roll while working on this blog post and then ice my achilles tendon since it is swollen. I edit the pictures for this post, upload them, and put the finishing touches on this blog post.

10:00 p.m. Lights out!

    1. Yay for the sleep book! 😉 Cullen is so cute and growing so quickly.

      1. Yes, thanks for the recommendation! I didn’t have time to read all of it, but it was very helpful. I am definitely going to do things differently with baby #2 from the get-go. (I had NO idea you had to teach a baby to sleep!!)

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: