A Day in the Life – 6 Months

April 24, 2015

This munchkin is 6 months old today! I love this little guy like no other, and I wish he could stay this small forever.

He’s such a happy guy–always smiling and laughing. I love it!


I am continuing to recap what our days are life each month, so here’s a look at life with a 6-month old. As with any baby/child, each day is very different: sometimes we stay home all day, other days we’re out-and-about, nap times vary, but it is what it is.

Wednesday, April 22

9:15 p.m. Cullen finally goes down for the night. I have no idea what he was so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed until this late. He is usually very consistent with going to bed by 7:30/8:00 p.m. His last nap ended at 4:00 p.m., so I was surprised he wasn’t tired yet.

Thursday, April 23

12:15 a.m. Cullen wakes up. I go feed him.

2:30 a.m. Cullen wakes up again. He has been waking up every two hours lately, which is not cool. I’m sure he is using me as a pacifier, but I don’t know how to break this since he cries even harder when Craig tries to soothe him.

4:50 a.m. And once again, like clockwork, he’s up again. This time it takes me about half an hour to get him back down. I stay up since I have a run planned for the morning.

5:25 a.m. I get ready to go running: change into running clothes, eat a couple of Clif ShotBloks, pump, and let Craig know I am leaving.

5:50 a.m. I rarely drive anywhere to run, but I wanted to run the course for the Heart Run race on Saturday. I am so glad it is light in the mornings now.


6:10 a.m. Run 7 miles; I run the course twice plus a little extra with some striders at the end. The run goes fine for the most part. I did feel really light-headed and ‘off’ at two miles, but I think that was due to not having enough calories in my system. Thankfully it passes after a mile or so.

I test out my Adidas Adios shoes that I will be wearing for the 5K race. I have never owned a pair of racing flats, but I finally feel like I can justify buying a pair since I run quite a few races now.


7:15 a.m. Drive back home.

7:30 a.m. Arrive home and say good morning to my boys. Both are doing fine, so I make myself some breakfast. A Greek yogurt bowl with chia seeds, cinnamon, strawberry jam, and banana slices. I also toast an English muffin and have almond butter on one side and peanut butter on the other because I’m indecisive like that.


7:45 a.m. Change Cullen’s diaper, feed him, and pack his diaper bag. I also change my clothes, make the bed, and get myself ready for yoga.

8:25 a.m. Drive to yoga.

8:45 a.m. Deep stretch yoga. Perfect for my post-run hips and legs. Cullen plays beside me during this time.


9:30 a.m. Yoga is over, and I feed Cullen again. (He didn’t eat much the first time around.)

9:45 a.m. Drive to the grocery store to pick up some essentials: vegetables, fruit, spices, almond milk, and eggs.

10:30 a.m. As I was leaving the grocery store, I saw a sign for a giant baby consignment event. I had seen ads pop up on Facebook, but I wasn’t sure if I was going to go. Since today was the first day, it was still early in the morning, and I was close to the event, I decided to swing by. It was kind of a bust though because the line to check out looked like it would have taken a good 20-25 minutes to get through. I might have found a few items to buy, but I wasn’t thrilled about waiting in line that long, so we left. DSC_0011

11:00 a.m. I stop by Subway on my way home to pick up a sandwich. This is not a place I would normally stop, but I had a coupon for a free sandwich. Can’t beat free.

11:15 a.m. Arrive home. Cullen fell asleep in the car, but I make the mistake of changing his diaper and trying to feed him. I knew he had a poopy diaper and he hadn’t eaten much, but now I’ve woken him up and he doesn’t want to nap.


11:30 a.m. Craig comes home for lunch, so we chit-chat, while we eat lunch.

Okay, so I totally forgot how much I dislike Subway. Every sandwich always tastes the same to me.


12:15 p.m. I am still hungry.


12:30 p.m. I try to get Cullen down for a nap. I feed him, rock him, put him in his swing, but nothing is working. I let him fuss it out for a while, but I hate the sound of him crying. This is actually quite abnormal. Lately he has been napping like a champ.


1:45 p.m. I finally give up, and decide to put him in the Ergo and take Sadie for a walk. About half-way through he finally conks out.


2:30 p.m. We arrive back home, and I plan to ever so gently transfer him to our bed–the easiest place to set him down, but he wakes up. Bah! So I feed him, then put him in his swing, and thankfully he falls back asleep. I clean up the kitchen from lunch, check my e-mail, respond to e-mails/messages, start a load of laundry, and eat some more snacks. (I literally have a bottomless pit these days.)


3:45 p.m. Now Cullen’s up, and it is time for tummy time. I set him down on his play mat and walked away for a few minutes. When I came back, I find him quite a ways away from the mat. He can’t crawl but he has a way he scoots himself around–although he might have rolled to get that far. We play together, and I take his 6 month pictures.


4:45 p.m. Craig arrives home and we work on getting dinner ready.

5:45 p.m. Dinner is finally done: Pistachio Crusted Cod, roasted broccoli, and Mushroom Rice Pilaf.


Cullen has some mashed banana to eat. He loves eating solid foods. So far he’s tried: rice cereal, banana, avocado, and sweet potato.


6:30 p.m. I get Cullen ready for bed. Tonight’s a bath night. Then pajamas, brush teeth, and a book.

7:00 p.m. Cullen is asleep. I finish cleaning up the kitchen and get the house put back in order for the day. I also fold a load of laundry and get myself ready for bed.

8:00 p.m. Work on this blog post.

9:30 p.m. Lights out!

The end.

    1. If that kid isn’t teething, I don’t know who is!! Those cheeks are so red!! but so cute!!

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: