I’m stealing this idea from Tina. She posted on some random things about herself, so I thought I’d do the same.
(This is an old picture when my hair used to be dark brown!)
1. I don’t like when people act “fake nice.”
2. My first job was working at a campground, taking reservations. (Well, I also had to work on my parent’s farm, but I don’t count that because it was expected.)
3. I thought I would have at least 3 kids by now.
4. Band was a bigger part of my life than running was in high school.
5. I could care less about professional sports (except runners) and politics.
6. I have never hailed a taxi. (Up until last year I had never ridden in a taxi either.)
7. I think watching a movie a second time is a waste of time.
8. I never went to prom.
9. Meat has to be very lean for me to enjoy it; I do not like the texture of fatty meats on my tongue.
10. I never moved until I was 18 and going off to college. I grew up in the same house as my dad.
11. Don’t ask me if I’ve seen a particular movie because the answer is most likely ‘no.’
12. I’d rather live in the country than the city.
13. I couldn’t tell you the last time I had a meal at a fast food restaurant.
14. I bought my first CD (The Bodyguard soundtrack) at a garage sale before I owned a CD player.
15. My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid.
16. Mexican and Chinese foods are my least favorite types of cuisine.
17. I have never broken a bone.
18. I read War and Peace while in high school for a college class I was taking. This is one of my claim-to-fames.
19. I cannot whistle.
20. I do not miss having a desk job.
I am gearing up to run the Her Tern Quarter Marathon on Sunday. Originally I was hoping to be able to run the half-marathon, but with the pelvis/groin pain I have been having for the last few weeks, I know a half-marathon would not be the best thing for my body. I have been making improvements throughout the last week but not enough to run 13.1 miles.
I am pretty sure my goal is going to be to run the 6.55 miles in less than an hour and finish before any half-marathoners come through. (The quarter marathon starts 20 minutes after the half-marathoners do.)
If you are going to be at the race on Sunday, stop by and say ‘hi.’ I know that might sound weird, but I love meeting people who read my blog!