100 Miles. . . .DONE!

September 9, 2012

Wow! What a week!

Yes, I made it! I officially have now run 100 miles! 🙂

In the midst of running all those miles, we also had category 1 hurricane-force winds that caused us to lose our electricity for 3.5 days!!

It was quite the adventure: showering by candlelight, wearing a winter jacket inside because it was 56* in our apartment, and going to bed at 8 p.m. since there was nothing else to do! Craig and I will definitely talk about this 50 years down the road.

Thankfully, in between the chaos, I still managed to run 100 miles. Woo hoo—my first time ever!!


AM – 9 miles/1:11 (track workout: 2 x 800 meters, 2 x 1600 meters, 2 x 400 meters)

PM – 5 miles/39:40


14 miles/1:53


AM – 12 miles/1:35 (treadmill workout: 2x[3 miles at marathon pace + 1 mile at half-marathon pace])

PM – 5 miles/42:44


AM – 10 miles/1:24

PM – 5 miles/39:11


10 miles/1:20


22 miles/2:55


8 miles/1:07

Total: 100 miles

It is turning downright chilly here. I had to break out the mittens this morning on my run. 😕 Not going to lie, I am not particularly excited about this because the season that shall not be named comes next. 🙁


Chobani was extremely nice and sent me another shipment of their Greek yogurt to try. Initially they had e-mailed me saying they would send me some of their new pre-blended yogurts. However, when the first shipment arrived, it ended up being their traditional fruit-on-the-bottom containers. I didn’t mind; it was free yogurt, but they offered to send me some another shipment, this time of the pre-blended flavors.

I dug right into the Vanilla Chocolate Chunk flavor! Oh man, this stuff was like melted ice cream. Real chocolate shavings and a rich vanilla flavor. It was super good!

Well, I’m off to finish running my errands getting things off my to-do list

    1. Nice! I loved your writing–great Harry Potter allusion. Congrats on the 100 miles. I hope you kept your Garmin kept its charge long enough.

      1. Yeah, when we didn’t have power, I wasn’t able to keep it charged! It died on a 10-mile run at 9.99; I was so glad it made it to the end! Then I got smart and took it to work to charge it. 🙂

    1. Michelle ~ what is your secret?! With your new job…how/when are you getting these miles in? Would love to see a post about your scheduling!!

      1. I literally wake up, go running, get ready for work, go to work, run immediately after work, and then eat dinner and get ready for the next day (lunch packed, clothes picked out, etc.). I don’t make dinner for my husband and I–we eat on our own, which saves me a lot of time. I really don’t have time to do much of anything else. Any extra time in the evening is spent foam rolling, stretching, and icing.

    1. It was probably easier to get all those miles without electricity. Plenty of sleep and running just because there was no TV or computer around. 🙂 Great job on 100!!

    1. AMAZING!!! Again, I have to say- I haven’t even run that many miles this year. You are BEAST. I saw the chocolate Chobani, but it scared me. It has more sugar than the same amount of Breyer’s Ice cream (and although I love Cho, I’d pick ice cream…)

      1. Ha! I was looking at the nutrition stats as I was eating it, and I was thinking “woah, I’m not sure this is all that healthy.” Good thing I turned that two-serving container into about 4 or 5!! And I’d definitely choose ice cream too. 🙂

    1. So glad you finally got your creamy 16oz containers! Vanilla Chocolate Chunk is just awesome. The perfect treat to curb even the craziest sweet tooth!

      Enjoy! 🙂


    1. Can you seriously email me on how to get connected with Chobani?!? I eat so much greek yogurt (I find it difficult to get as much protein into my day as I should – greek yogurt becomes a standard, you should see my fridge!!). nichole (dot) porath at gmail. This would seriously make my entire YEAR :)!!!

      1. Actually Chobani contacted me. They are pretty generous with their samples, so I bet if you contacted them, they would send you some products!!

    1. […] Once again yesterday’s long run wasn’t speedy, but I did realize that I am running faster than I did last winter, so I am happy about that. I keep a log of every run I do—jotting down a few sentences each day as to how the run went. Yesterday I took a look at my long runs from last winter and realized that they were actually slower than my pace this winter. I think a lot of that has to do with all the miles I logged this past fall. […]

    1. […] We hung out at Kaladi Brothers for a little over an hour before it was time to go to work. We were enjoying our time when the power randomly went out. I’m not sure why it went out—possibly because it was so windy? But it reminded me of the time Craig and I didn’t have power for 3.5 days last fall. […]

    1. […] was smooth sailing until mile 7 when the winds started to pick up and get really strong! Nooo, not again! I was barely a third of the way done with my run, and there was no way I could battle two hours of […]

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: