Another week of high mileage. 🙂
I never, ever thought I would be this close to running 100 miles. In the past, occasionally I would think, “wouldn’t it be cool if I ran 100 miles one week.” And now I am oh, so close!
As of right now, I’m still on the fence about whether that will happen this week or next. I’m pretty tired and sore from this week of running, but I’ve noticed my body is recovering faster than it used to, so I might be ready for 100 miles this week. But if not, I will be doing it next week! No questions asked.
Here’s how this week of running went down:
45 minutes of weight lifting
AM – 10 miles/1:20
PM – 5 miles/39:00
AM – 10 miles/ 1:20
PM – 5 miles/40:00
30 minutes of weight lifting
Total: 95 miles
The new job is still going well. Here are some things I really dig about it:
– being able to go to the bathroom whenever I want. (This was not possible when teaching.)
– not having to listen to kids screaming in a gym all day long.
– I have windows I can look out during the day. (This wasn’t the case when teaching in an enclosed gym and having an office without windows as well.)
– dressing up! (I got really tired of wearing sweats to work every day. I hated feeling frumpy.)
There are a few things I do miss about teaching though:
– being able to stand up more and not being strapped to a desk. (I get really tired of sitting all day.)
– the higher pay. (I took a HUGE pay cut when I started my new job.)
All in all, it is nice to not have the “Sunday blues” and dread going to work the next day.