13 things for this 13th day of October
1. Fall is quickly coming to a close, and I am reminded of that every time I go outside in the morning for my run!! It has been chilly here!
2. I am realizing I am not as fast as I thought I was. 🙁
With my GPS, I have realized I am averaging 8:30 – 9:00 minutes/mile instead of the 8:00 – 8:30 minutes/mile I thought I was running. Bummer!
3. I covered 5 miles this morning at a slow (for me) pace of 8:56.
I went to the track yesterday after school to run 200s, [workout posted here] so my legs definitely weren’t as fresh this morning.
4. I had the worst granola bar ever yesterday. Bleh! I can tolerate pretty dry, chalky granola bars, but this one was awful.
5. I was told I look like a drug-addict! Wonderful!
A fellow teacher to me: “You look absolutely stoned.” [Umm. . .thanks?!?!]
6. Two recent favorite one-liners from students:
A second-grader, “I want a unibrow some day.”
A kindergartener who never says anything immediately rose his hand at the beginning of class and says, “I ate hot lunch for the first time today.” Too funny.
7. This packet of Annie’s fruit bites was my mid-morning snack today. It was much better than the granola bar but with 60 calories, it didn’t do much for my appetite.
8. My lunch today was something to get excited about! [Sandwich courtesy of Great Harvest.] Although I forgot that I don’t like hummus on meat sandwiches. Fail on my part!
9. Nothing like signing up for a spur-of-the-moment race this weekend!
I decided last night to run the Zombie Half Marathon this Saturday!
10. Usually I’m all about trying new recipes but lately I have been remaking some of my favorites:
(I can’t guarantee this is healthier than traditional mac ‘n’ cheese, but it definitely is the best-tasting vegan mac ‘n’ cheese I’ve had!)
(Even the roasted chickpeas by themselves are quite delicious in a salad.)
11. I wore this KIND shirt to work yesterday and got lots of compliments on it.
Do the KIND Thing <–there is a KIND movement—check it out!
[I don’t think the other teachers knew about KIND bars; I think they just thought it had to do with being “kind.”] 😉
12. Yeehaw! Today is my Friday (sort of)!!
Today was the last day of the 1st quarter, so we are 1/4 done with the school year. Tomorrow is a grade day, so it will be much more relaxed for me!! 😀
13. This means I don’t have to wear sweats, but instead I get to wear “real” clothes!! It’s the little things.