It is all about the little things in life. . .
These are just some of the things I never used to think twice about but now will never take them for granted after living in Alaska for 4 years!
I have been thoroughly enjoying many of them during my stay in Minnesota!
– Bonfires. . . . at night. . . . when it is dark!
– Summer sunrises and sunsets.
– It is so much easier falling asleep when it is dark out.
– Fireflies are awesome. . . . .and so are the stars at night!
– My fingernails actually grow in Minnesota!
– It feels weird to have my arms exposed. Since I honestly have my arms covered year-round in Alaska, I almost feel naked wearing a short-sleeve or sleeveless shirt.
(And open-mouth smile for my husband.)
I also love sweating it out during my runs!
I have been keeping up with my running, but it has been a little more difficult than usual this past week.
– First and foremost, I am still recovering from the marathon. It honestly took me 3-4 weeks to fully recover last year after my first marathon. So while it is easy to get frustrated, I know eventually my body will heal.
– Secondly, I have been dealing with a slight twinge in my right hamstring this week.
– And thirdly, I have not been religiously taking my multivitamin, which means I do not get enough iron and therefore having breathing problems. (Which, I think, has been my biggest obstacle as of lately.)
Mileage from this past week (6/27 – 7/3):
Monday: 1 mile
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 5 miles
Saturday: 7 miles
Total: 20 miles
I am okay with my mileage for the week. Originally, I was hoping for closer to 30 miles, but I know I’ll eventually get there.
I have been enjoying overnight oats in the mornings after a sweaty run!
Love all the fresh fruits I’ve been having as well!
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!