Carbs + Me = Lots of glycogen for speedy running legs 🙂
Sometimes I go a little crazy with my carbs—I love eating them, baking them, and pretty much everything in this post is carb-related!
My breakfast this morning:
I am glad I have rekindled my love for oatmeal. 🙂
These little bunny graham snacks made a special appearance in my bowl of oatmeal, but they started to get soggy, so I had to quickly eat them.
Annie’s Bunny Grahams – Cinnamon
Nonetheless, these graham snacks are awesome!
And for the savory carb lovers: Bacon Cheddar Scones.
No Bake Sunflower Granola Bars
1 – 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup puffed brown rice cereal
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/8 cup finely ground flaxseed
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, combine the oats, cereal, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and flaxseed.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the agave nectar, sunflower seed butter, and vanilla extract. Microwave for 20-25 seconds—or until softened.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients in small amounts. Mix until incorporated.
4. Press into a bread pan.
This was the cereal I used for the puffed brown rice.
I actually made the following granola on Saturday, but it seemed relevant to include it with this post. 😉
I made a very similar batch last weekend but tweaked a few things this time around.
Pumpkin Cranberry Granola
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup pepitas
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1. In a large bowl, mix oats with pumpkin thoroughly.
2. Add agave nectar, vanilla extract, salt, pepitas, and cranberries. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Spread granola on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake on 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes.
And my last carb-related item: a new box of crackers I tried.
Back to Nature Poppy Thyme Crackers
These are some of the best crackers I’ve ever had! The poppy seeds and thyme give the crackers a nutty, flavorful taste that is unlike anything I’ve tried before.
What was the best thing about your weekend?