Getting started with some. . . .
Banana-Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
(Adapted from this recipe.)
Yield: 16 muffins
- 3/4 cup milk + 3/4 Tablespoon white vinegar (to make sour milk/buttermilk)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 cup ground flaxseed
- 1-1/4 cups blueberries, frozen
- Combine milk and vinegar and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Whisk buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Whisk whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and flax in a medium bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Delicious!! Moist, full of flavor, and I even cut back on the sugar!! I love the pockets of blueberries!!
I grabbed a couple of these at the grocery store when I saw they were 50% off. They were on sale because the expiration date was 2/7, but I knew I would be eating them before that.
Overall, I liked the yogurt, but there was nothing special about it. It had an excellent blueberry flavor, but I wouldn’t buy it again if it was the original price.
My run today:
Distance: 13 miles
Weather: 20 degrees, partly cloudy/kind of sunny
Blue and Black clothes (tops):
Layer #1: black Nike thermal top
Layer #2: black The North Face fleece quarter-zip, pull-over
Layer #3: blue Asics jacket
Overall, it was a good run. I felt good and the time went by pretty fast. I zoned out for most of it and dreamed about blue skies, bluebirds, and bikinis!!
I carried a Clif Shot Gel with me and had it at various times throughout my run:
1/3 @ 45 minutes
1/3 @ 80 minutes
1/3 @ 100 minutes
I liked this flavor better than the Razz flavor.
Super Bowl. . . .something I really could care less about and haven’t watched at all yet today, but I plan on watching some of it, so I can see my BFF. That would be my: BoyFriend Forever (a.k.a. my husband)!
* Overall grade for the day: B.
The day lost points for the weather (It is too cold in my book.) and the fact that it is Sunday which means I have to go back to work tomorrow. 🙁
What grade would you give your day?