Let’s get this break started!!
I just have to finish grades tomorrow (I’m about 75% done.), and then I will be in vacation mode for two weeks!!
I know it seems like us teachers are always on break and we never have to work, but, please, trust me, teaching is exhausting and we definitely need this time to recoup! (Just ask my husband. 😉 )
Things I plan to do during my 2-week vacation:
– run, run, run (or at least run as much as the weather will allow and my body will tolerate)
– bake and cook (muffins, bread, cookies, dinners–whatever my little heart desires) (I will take suggestions!)
– sleep in (or at least not set an alarm!)
– clean (nothing major just some dusting that’s gone by the wayside and possibly the oven)
– make breakfast and dinner for Craig and pack his lunch (Yes, I am one of those wives–don’t hate me.)
– cuddle on the couch and watch movies with the husband
– learn more about blogging and hopefully make some improvements to my own
Last night–and early this morning–I was busy working on stuffing my Christmas letters.
I found this stationary at Target for $6.99. The pack included 30 stationary sheets and 30 envelopes.
Craig decided he wasn’t going to be a Scrooge this year and set up our Christmas tree last night. 🙂
It is kind of a Charlie Brown tree, but oh well, it works.
After yesterday morning’s run that I didn’t have much energy for, I took this morning off and instead went for a run after school. I honestly thought I wasn’t going to get out the door because other little things kept distracting me, but by 6:15 p.m., it was time to go. I ended up running 2.5 miles to the gym, lifting a few weights and doing some abs at the gym, and then running 3.5 miles back home.
Total distance: 6 miles
Time: 53 minutes
It felt really good to get out! However, as usual, it was freezing cold outside! I think the temperature was about 5 degrees. GAH!!
I am now warming up with some hot tea, listening to my piano Christmas music, and going to work on my Christmas cards some more!