While dinner was baking in the oven, I went out for a quick 3.5 mile run in 29 minutes. Today might have been the most humid day I’ve ever experienced in Alaska, which isn’t saying much since it is never humid here, but I was loving it!
This egg-cellent quiche was baking in the oven while I was away. 😉
The one change I did make was that I subbed broccoli for the asparagus.
Tortilla Crusted Goat Cheese and Asparagus Quiche
- Four 7-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 10 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Salt and pepper
- One 4-ounce log goat cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a greased 9-inch pie plate, overlap the tortillas to make a crust; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Meanwhile, fill a large nonstick skillet a third of the way with salted water; bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute; drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly in the tortilla crust, then crumble the cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and yogurt and season with salt and pepper; pour into the tortilla crust. Bake on the baking sheet until just set in the center and lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
I also had a banana with . . . .
some salty peanut butter, which tasted good after my run.