Saturday morning I did a long run of 10 miles; I was excited to get back in the double-digits. Craig rode his bike, which caused me to push my pace a little harder than I normally would, but I still felt good! Only the last mile was a little tough.
Within a few minutes of being done, I had an energy gel to hold me over while I stretched and made myself something to eat.
The consistancy of this was quite runny, which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, and the vanilla flavor was quite pleasant. The taste, however, was very sugary–even for my sweet tooth. I don’t think I would purchase this kind again, but if I was desperate, I could resort to it.
Yesterday we celebrated my mother-in-law’s 50th birthday. The weather wasn’t spectacular but everyone seemed to have a good time nonetheless.
Before heading over to the BBQ, I made a fruit pizza to bring over. I love fruit pizza and haven’t had it this summer yet, so I decided yesterday would be the perfect time to make it.
– 1 (20 oz.) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
– 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, soft
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– fruit of your choice
– Press cookie dough into 12 inch pizza pan. (I used a glass pan and should have sprayed it with non-stick spray.)
– Prick with fork and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool
– Mix cream cheese with sugar and vanilla and spread over crust.
– Arrange fruit on top.
Intense grilling was going on when I arrived at the BBQ.
A hummus appetizer platter.
A fire for me to stay warm–although once the rain started I had a hard time choosing the tent to stay dry or the fire to stay warm.
Birthday cards, presents, and flowers.
After the BBQ, Craig and I went to see the movie Inception–wow, what a crazy movie!! If you like action movies and ones that blow your mind, you should definitely see it.